Development ApplicationsDevelopment and Improvement Applications are required to be submitted to and determined by RIA pursuant to the Rottnest Island Authority Act 1987 and subsequent Regulations for any development and improvement on the Island. This includes the erection, construction, alteration, demolition or carrying out of any building, excavation, improvement or other works, in, over or under Rottnest Island, a change in use of a premises and any other act or activity in relation to land declared by regulation to be development.
All Development Applications must be accompanied with all the following documents:
- Completed Development and Improvement Application Form (PDF 249KB);
- Completed Development and Improvement Application Checklist (PDF 277KB);
- Development Proposal Plans;
- Written report/submission detailing the proposal and addressing the Development and Improvement Policy and Development Planning Guidelines; and
- Other technical reports or supporting material the applicant deems appropriate or otherwise advised by RIA.
Does your application require referral to the Heritage Council of Western Australia? Find out more.
The Rottnest Island Authority Prospectus for Developers (PDF 1MB) provides further detailed information on Development and Improvement on the Island and should be read in conjunction with preparing your Development Application.